To ensure the quality and accuracy of the measurements, the volumetric measurements are always performed in the presence of an engineer and by competent and trained personnel, in accordance with the requirements of the ELOT EN ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 standard and the criteria of ESYD to perform fluid volume measurements.
The tank’s volume measurement is performed with:
• Calibrated volumetric containers.
• Electronic level indicator rods.
• High precision resistance thermometers.
• Data collection computers.
Tank Volume measurement Steps
It is preceded by communication for scheduling an appointment and performing the tank’s volume measurement.
2. Ventilation & Gas Free Tank
The tank must be empty and have a gas free certificate before starting the titration. The test will take about 2 hours.
• Vehicle parking and alignment – leveling it.
• Gradually fill the tank with water, according to a calibrated volumetric container.
• Record water temperature in each filling.
• Record the indications of the water level in the tank after each drop.
4. Necessary Documents
On the day of the tank’s audit as you submitted:
• Vehicle license
• Volumetric of the tank
• Previous Test Sheets
• ADR Approval Certificate from K.T.E.O.
• Speed Limiter Certificate (where required)
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Certificate, (if retrofitted and where necessary)
• Certification of Piping System without Possibility of Oil Suction (Government Gazette 4913 / Β / 2018, where this is necessary).
Need more information?