What is ADR certification?
The ADR Agreement is a European agreement on the international carriage of dangerous goods by road. It was created in 1957 and signed in Geneva.
The name is an acronym for “Accord european relatif au transport international des merchandises Dangereuses par Route”.
Dangerous goods include -among other things- liquefied gases (propane, butane, etc.), flammable liquids (petrol, diesel, etc.) and explosives.
Greek and European legislation states that a vehicle must have Dangerous Goods Transport Vehicle Test Sheets from an ADR accredited inspection body in order to be used for the transport of dangerous goods.
Lyginos GP is an accredited manufacturer of tanks that meet the ADR requirements, while cooperating with several certified bodies.
Audit Procedure for ADR Certification
Contact us to schedule an appointment to inspect the vehicle, at least 3 days earlier than the desired date.
2. Ventilation & Gas Free Tank
The tank must be empty, have a gas free certificate. The test will take about 2 hours.
• Hydraulic tightness test, both on the tank and its equipment.
• Visual inspection of the perimeter of the vehicle and the superstructure.
• Corrections of any errors during the test, either in the equipment or in the superstructure in general.
4. Necessary Documents
On the day of the Audit as you submitted:
• Vehicle license.
• Volumetric of the tank.
• Previous Test Sheets.
• ADR Approval Certificate from K.T.E.O.
• Speed Limiter Certificate (where required).
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Certificate, (if retrofitted and where necessary).
• Certification of Piping System without Possibility of Oil Suction (Government Gazette 4913 / Β / 2018, where this is necessary).
5. Result of ADR Control
Once the inspection is complete, we will let you know if there have been any problems and what steps need to be taken to comply with the legislation and technical regulations.
If the test is successful, test sheets are issued.
The pricing of the test remains the same, regardless of the result of the test and whether or not a test sheet is issued.
The whole process takes place in the presence of a certified ADR control body.